~chalkboards aren't just for kids~

 Sometimes I get inspired by the strangest things.
The other day at Starbucks while eating my fattening low fat low cal cranberry bliss bar
{ha-ha}
I saw the cutest little nutcracker on the pastry bag. 
I thought to myself, "that would be so cute enlarged on my chalkboard wall in our kitchen!"
So, I set out to buy colored chalk, only to find out the red was more pink on the wall.
So then I found at my local craft store, chalk pens in "earthy" hues. 
I set to work yesterday to re-create this cute little guy on my wall. 
I enlarged the guy off the bag 700% at my local copy center and then cut out the image, taped it to my wall, and traced around it.
Then I filled in all the details.
 This was the same wall last year around this time.
See, chalkboards aren't just for kids!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment