~an interview with Jennifer from the Old Painted cottage~

After seeing Jennifer's transformation at the old painted cottage,
I new I had to do an interview with her!
Here is what she has to say on her decorating style!
"I would describe my decor as a mix of combined styles that flow together with a common theme. Because of the fairly small size of my home, 1297 square feet, I needed each space to have its own separate identity, yet have a continuous flow throughout each room to tie it all together. "What was the look you were after for your kitchen?
" For my kitchen, the look is urban cottage. I have industrial lighting over my sink, and vintage style schoolhouse pendants over my island. The white subway tile back splash keeps the look clean and classic, and I went with brushed nickel hardware for all my cabinetry. The stainless steel trash can gives off a great modern vibe, while the "Bakery" letters, done in a vintage deco font and stained in dark walnut have a vintage period feel. I went with wood butcher block counter tops which lend a warm rustic feel against the cool white cabinetry. The french pained glass and bead board is a continuing theme throughout the house, creating a smooth transition into each space. The large farmhouse sink and bead board covered refrigerator help bring in the cottage charm feel."



how would you describe your living room style?

"My living room is a combination of both french and cottage style, and I feel the look is still evolving. I brought contrast to my furniture by combining dark walnut against creamy white and find the look to be very inviting. The only floral in my living room is my tufted love seat, which will probably go with me to the retirement home someday, as I can't ever imagine parting with that piece. Besides, I can't resist how beautifully it sits against my 8 foot tall walnut stained mirror. I kept my walls and curtains neutral, for a clean and fresh backdrop against my furniture."

"We've only been in this home for 12 months, and there is still more I want to conquer. The look will probably still continue to evolve, as I thrive on challenges and projects!"

Thank you Jennifer for taking the time to talk about your beautiful home and all the love that went into making it yours! You truly have a gift and I am sure I speak for others when I say,
we can't wait to see more!
Jennifer also wanted to give a special thanks to Layla at the Lettered Cottage!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment