~faux zinc dresser tutorial~

 Thank you to everyone who came out to the French Flea Market yesterday.
What a gorgeous sunny day!
It was a big success and I had so much fun.
By the time I got set up, people were shopping already so I didn't have time to take pictures~sorry!

However, I wanted to give you all a tutorial on this faux zinc dresser I did for the show.

Here is the before:
 And a close up.
I really liked the shape of it and all the detail.
{please ignore the hose!}
 First step, paint it dark grey.
 I used Annie Sloan graphite, but any dark grey is fine.
{use a eggshell or satin finish if you are not using Annie Sloan}
Martha Stewart "Seal" is a good choice.

Let dry.
 Randomly put "blobs" of silver metallic paint all over.
A little goes a long way.
 Here is the paint I used, you can find it at Michael's.
I dipped my brush into Annie Sloan clear wax and then went over the dresser with
 the "blobs" of silver paint on it.
You will get a really random appearance, this is good.
Let dry.
 When that was dry I used a little Annie Sloan dark wax and "pounced" with my brush in random areas. Then I lightly brushed in one direction.
 This is the overall look I got.
I really didn't know what I was doing, but I think it turned out well.
I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do this, pretty easy.
 I added these fun knobs from Anthropologie to give it even more of a masculine feel.
The lines of the dresser are quite feminine, but I like the mix of the two.
This dresser sold at the show, but I have plenty of things left that I will be adding to my etsy shop in the next week or so, so stay tuned!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment