~Cody's room reveal~

It's done, it's done!
We are all so happy with the way his room turned out.
I was a little sad to say goodbye to the cowboy room, but now that this is done, I am so glad we did it!
 The concept was a "skateboard" room. 
A little more grown up than the cowboy room, something he could grow into.
 Faux fur beanbag chair from Restoration Hardware.
 I painted the lower half of the walls with Annie Sloan old white.
It went on like a dream over the red.
Love the no priming with Annie Sloan!
The top of the walls are Martha Stewart Seal, a good rich grey.
 These lights are Restoration Hardware. 
We turned them into "plug In's" and ran the cord behind each curtain panel.
 This whole wall is a collage of skateboarding posters and pictures.
I framed them all in matching wood Ikea frames found here. 
I think the entire wall of frames was under $100.00.
The posters he got from our local Zumiez for free.
You just have to ask at some stores what they do with their leftover advertising.......
I made the skate eye chart here.
 I changed out the rusty star pulls on his cabinet for polished nickel ones from Home Depot.
All the old locker baskets hold his books.
I also kept his closet doors, giving them a fresh coat of old white Annie Sloan chalk paint.
 I really like the contrast of light and dark in here.

 On one nightstand I filled a wire basket with sports equipment.
The lower shelf has some skateboarding magazines.
I believe this basket is made by Two's Company, I love it.

 The other side of the bed.
 The globe is from World Market, the clock is vintage, the book is vintage, and the gear art I made copying a Restoration Hardware one you might remember from this post.
Everything sits on top of a vintage light grey wood tool box.
 The end tables are from World Market, you can find them here.

 I am obsessed with monograms and these pillows from Ballard Designs.
 I already had the bolster pillow.
The duvet and pillow cases are Thomas O'brien from Target.
I picked them because I think they look like men's suiting.

 Basket, which doubles as a hamper from World Market.
You can find similar ones at Pottery Barn, but these are about $100 less.
Kinda a no brainer for me.
 His bed was the starting point to the whole room.
We knew we wanted to upgrade to a queen size, and I knew I wanted something upholstered.
I started searching online and in local shops for leather beds only to find out they cost a fortune.
Then, I stumbled upon this one on craigslist.
Queen size upholstered chocolate brown leather foot board and headboard.
It was inexpensive, real leather, the right size, and just what we were looking for.
SCORE!
 I wanted to visually make his short window look taller, so I added moulding close to the ceiling and inexpensive bamboo blinds are hung just below it.
It creates the illusion that the window is bigger than it is.
I sewed the curtains using 2 drop cloths from Home Depot.
They are long, like a little over 100" long.
I wish I had a better picture of the rod, but I don't.
My husband bought a wire pipe from Home Depot and all the fittings to make this sturdy industrial curtain rod.
Unfortunately the coolest part is hidden by the curtains.
I sprayed the whole thing black and up it went.
The faux fur blanket is from World Market.
 My personal favorite addition to this room is the sliding barn door for his bathroom!
My husband bought the track at a local hardware store and I sprayed it black.
I found the door at a salvage yard for $30!
I didn't have to do a thing to it! 
 It's a odd size, super wide, 36" x 81", so I was lucky to find just the right one!
 I just need to touch up the right hand side with a little Annie Sloan old white and it's good to go!
{oh, and touch up those bolt heads with black paint}
 I painted his bathroom with country grey by Annie Sloan as well. 
I really wanted to try this paint on walls and am so glad I did.
It went on like a dream and the overall look is perfect!
I left his existing cabinet and sink, but added this
I got the hook at a garage sale and painted it with the seal paint from Martha Stewart that is on the upper walls in his room.

 Clock is from Ikea.
 I still need to change out the faucet
{One has been ordered}
and I'd like to get this shower curtain.
 I think fluffy white towels are a must for any bathroom.
{Although I'm not sure how long these ones will stay white!}
 Another shot of the curtains......
 And, just in case you don't remember the before.......
I'd love to hear your comments! 
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment