~back to school at ruffles and rust square~

 Can you tell I'm ready? :)
Yesterday my booth received a major makeover.
It has been transformed into a "back to school" theme complete with vintage maps and globes, and hand made items using vintage yardsticks and old book pages.
 I have the sweetest little old school desk and chair, a couple sets of vintage alphabet cards, and vintage children's books.
 Like decorating with globes? 
Take you pick.
 Map of Paris wrapping paper and giant scrabble letters.
 I have 2 mannequins {aka teachers pets} 
that are dressed in vintage map skirts and corsages that match the school theme.
{sorry for the sideways pic!}
 I also have a huge vintage wall map that is double sided, and I did make a couple vases using re-purposed vintage yardsticks.
 An apple for the teacher?
 Back home after a long day at school.....
 Have you got your school supplies?
I also have a couple vintage green chalkboards.
 Here is a close up of the teachers pet corsage.
I made it with a doily that I aged, a rosette I made out of a page from an old atlas, paper shreds, scrabble letters, an old bingo card, and alphabet ribbon.
I also wanted to let you know of an upcoming show I am doing in Snohomish on Pine street.
It's August 20th, and details are coming.
I have a ton of things to bring, and most of my items will be marked way down! 
So, mark your calendars!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment