~getting ready for the flea, and a winner~

 I love creating new pieces of art.
In the end, what makes me happy is when I can re purpose items I have, or find, into something functional, or just pretty to look at.
That is what happened with this ginormous farm sign.
I found these old sign letters, some are big, some are small.
 I was going to sell them tomorrow at the flea market individually,
{and I will have a ton left to sell like that}
but thought it would be fun to create a giant sign, because you know me, I love me some signs!
I started with a piece of pressure treated plywood
{yes, this can go outside and be safe from the elements!}
and added old tongue and groove barn wood to the top.
I love the look of this barn wood.
In places it has old white paint chipping off, just enough to give it that rustic feel.
I didn't have to do anything to the wood except clean it off.
Then came the fun part of coming up with something to say.
I only had certain letters to work with so it was a bit tricky.
I could have done:
~rooms beds, but it looked funny without an &
then I thought of:
~The goods, like a old mercantile store sign
and another favorite of mine, but I didn't have the room:
~The Mr. and Mrs. 
In the end, I am so happy with 
The Farm! 
This piece is huge and heavy, but it is solid!
It measures about 3' by 4'
and I will be bringing it to Snohomish tomorrow! Read my post below if you need more info.!
Hope to see you there!
Off to go load my car!
P.S. the winner of the Matthew Mead autumn magazine is:
Robin always leaves me the sweetest comments! I couldn't be happier that she won!
I had so much fun reading all your comments! Thank you!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment