~parade of homes tour continues~{our home}

Today I am joining poppies at play in their online home tour!
I took some photos of our main living areas for you to see, the rooms that receive the most changes~monthly, if not weekly!
This is our living/family room. It's where we watch tv, play games, sit in front of the fire, and hang out!
This wall behind our sofa continuously changes.
I recently have gone through a sunburst mirror infatuation, so that is what I have up there now, along with some of my favorite family photos. I call it my wall of love!
I also just got these new lamps.
Don't kill me, if you've been reading my blog a while I had just purchased some fabulous chippy blue wood lamps.
I have a friend who wanted them really bad, so they are now in her house.
I like my replacement, a bit more contemporary, I like mixing modern with cottage.
Here is our back door, which 99% of the time people use as our front door, us included.
I painted the walls a while back a creamy oatmeal color but chose to leave the ceiling cedar, as well as the logs you see here above the french doors.
The chandelier is from Pottery Barn.
We have a massive river rock fireplace and with the exception of the summer months, we have a fire going almost all the time.
It's a very cozy room.
I also changed out some of the accessories on the sofa table.
I got this ornate gold mirror at TJ Maxx to tie into the gold in the new sunburst mirror
{also a TJ Maxx purchase}
I love this photo of my son with his 2 front teeth missing.
I got this cool metal box thingy from circle creek home at ruffles & rust square.
My mom gave me some old pharmacy bottles, and I added these as well as succulents in chippy garden pots.
I kill almost all indoor plants, but these are almost impossible to kill.
I think I always have at least one candle burning at all times, it's an obsession of mine~I love yummy smells.
This one is called milk and honey.
All these items sit on my $5 garage sale trunk that is stocked full of magazines~another obsession!
Now, moving onto the dining room which sits directly behind the living/family room. It's actually one big open room with different floors being the dividing line between the two.
I am seriously obsessed {do I use that word too much?}
with these melamine Ikat bowls and plates from Target. The kids can't break them and the colors are fabulous!

 Another every changing wall. This little niche that sits at the top of the stairs. I found this great ledge/shelf at a garage sale last summer, and for now have photos of my kids in reclaimed wood frames that I made. A couple old posts are leaning up against the wall.
 I recently stenciled this one wall in the dining room just to add a little interest. The shelves, which are an old door cut in half,  are filled with misc. flea market finds and TJ Maxx goodies.
 I LOVE all the light these windows bring in! They face the lake and in the summer months, the light just streams in. I have never shown this angle of the room before because of the embarrasing water damage in the skylights.
Don't look too close :)
I also recently found 2 caned high back chairs at a thrift store, painted them black and added a burlap coffee sack to the seats.
I may do a seperate post on those later, they are kinda fun.
Moving along to the kitchen which is right off the two rooms.
We do not have this pot rack anymore, but I like this picture because it shows the lettering around the inside of the skylight.
You can also catch a glimpse of our chalkboard wall in the background, which the kids love. I have to say, I love it too!
The kitchen island has a honed black granite on it and is HUGE. Eventually when money allows I'd like to update the rest of our counters with the same or maybe even butcher block.
I got these counter stools at Pier One Imports and think I'll have
 them for life.
They are comfy and I just love the cross backs.
A dear friend of mine made me the most adorable light leopard print seat cushions for them with a flouncy ruffle around the edge.
My husband trimmed out the island with mouldings and I painted and distressed it. These photos were taken prior to our mini kitchen makeover where I painted the cabinets to match and stained our floors.
You can see them here.
Not much else has changed in our other rooms, but if you are new to my blog and would like to take a peak, you can see our daughter's room here
&
our son's room here
{photos taken pre good camera days, sorry for the poor quality}
Thanks for stopping by!
Next up on the list is flea market trixie!
I love her home and her diy attitude, so be sure to check it out!
Here is the complete list of homes on the tour:
1. www.funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com
2. www.theoldwhitecottageblog.com
3. www.dearlillieblog.blogspot.com
4. www.honeywerehome.blogspot.com

5. www. mysweetsavannah.blogspot.com
6. www.fleamarkettrixie.com
7. www.starviewsonnet.blogspot.com
8. www.reddoorhome.blogspot.com

9. www.theshabbychiccottage.net
10. www.jenniferrizzo.com
11. www.justagirlblog.com
12. www.gransvillehouse.blogspot.com

13. www.infarrantlycreative.net
14. www.joysofhome.blogspot.com
15. www.modvintagelife.blogspot.com
16. www.domestically-speaking.com

17. www.isabellaandmax.blogspot.com
18. www.inmyownstyle.com
19. www.freckledlaundry.com
20. www.muchtodowithnothing.com
I also wanted to let you know I will be doing the mother of all giveaways tomorrow, so be sure to stop back by, and tell all your friends!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment