~on a silhouette kick~

I made these, because.....
 I saw these and fell in love,
 and thought,
"hey, I could make those!"
 And if you want to make your own, I am going to show you how.
Start by having someone take a profile pic. of you.
{please do not comment on my unwashed hair}
 Gather your supplies.
You will need 2 canvas'
{I got mine on sale for around $11.00 a piece}
a pencil, a thin paint brush, a small inexpensive foam brush,
a black sharpie
{optional}
&
black latex paint.
 Head on over to your local copy center and enlarge your photo to fit in your canvas. I wanted mine to fill up most of it, so I enlarged my photo about 300%.
If your cheap frugal like me and don't want to pay the money to use the oversize copier, you will have to piece together your papers and tape, like I did here.
 Once you have the pieces taped together, cut out your image.
Feel free to trim a little off your belly, give yourself a nose job, whatever you feel like.
 Position your "cut out" on the center of your blank canvas and trace around it in pencil.
You don't really need to tape it down, just hold with one hand, and trace with the other.
Now you are done with your paper and you can toss it.
If you have a steady hand you can use your thin brush to "outline" along the pencil marks, and then use your foam brush to fill it it, just like a coloring book. If you've had too much coffee and end up with a shaky outline, wait till you come off your caffeine high and then outline it with a black sharpie.
 To protect from dust and normal wear and tear, you can spray them lightly with a non yellowing polyurethane.
 And that my friends is it!
Total cost on this project: $24.00!
My daughter saw these and asked if I was pregnant when this picture was taken of me.
I smiled and told her that no, it was taken last week.
 And then I sent her to her room.
I will be at the gym this morning if you need me.
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment