~home made Valentines~

I have never been one to buy store bought Valentines.
It just seems so silly to me to do this because I think it is the perfect opportunity for the kids to be creative and have some fun
with arts and crafts!
Now, I do only have 2 kids, if I had more it might be a different story! For the last 2 nights after school we have sat for hours and created with doilies, hearts, pens, glue, paper, glitter, stickers, stamps, and embellishments!

Savannah finished up her class last night and Cody is half way there.
I made just one giant one for the kids' bus driver.

I love going down to my craft room and pulling out everything red, pink, white, and purple!

And I love to see what my kids will come up with year after year.

This is one of Cody's finished Valentines.
He has had this girl in his class 2 years in a row now.
Her name is Sydney.
Cody refuses to call her that.
He thinks it's "Cindy"
I just don't have the heart to tell him.
Sorry Sydney, aka "Sindey"
Happy Valentines day anyway!
xoxo
p.s. About an hour before I took these photos Cody choked on a piece of hard Valentines candy. I tried to give him water and he couldn't swallow it, it just came right back out. Then he turned really pale and started looking like he was going to throw up but nothing was coming out. I picked him up from the back and did what I thought was the Heimlich and the candy came flying out!
It was so scary, scared us both. The reason I am telling you is to be sure to watch your kids extra close if they have hard candies this V-day. I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else.
I'm just glad I was right there.
p.s.s. A lot of you asked where I got my veggie prints from for my project a couple posts back. I went to add the info. to the post and accidentally deleted the whole post, oops!
Anyway, I just googled "copyright free vegetable images" and got several from several different sights but I didn't remember to keep track of them for ya, sorry!


0 comments:

Post a Comment