~a few new/old things~

I found this book dating back to the early 1800's at an estate sale.
I love the color and the patina. The cover has completely fallen off but I don't even care,
it was only $5.00!
At the same sale I found this silver salt and pepper shaker set,
just darling.
$4.00 Then I stopped at an antique shop right around the corner from my house. I was looking for clocks to go with the one I bought at the flea market last week.
I saw two but they were in a locked case behind glass.
I decided I am not in the market to be spending money on things that are "behind locked glass" if you catch my drift.
So, I started to leave empty handed when the shop owner asked me if I wanted to see them. I told him they probably weren't in my price range but decided to look anyway.
The silver one was marked $45 and the other $35.00, a little over my budget for decorative clocks.
As I put them back he said, "how about both for $35?"



How can I say no to that?

I came home and now have somewhat of a "collection"
Does 3 count as a collection?
Anyway, love my new finds and I am ready to go back and find some more!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment