~our home, for the holidays~

Welcome!
Come on in out of the cold and stay for a while!
My good friend Kim was kind enough to photograph my home for the holidays.
Here we have our living room tree.
It has stayed the same over the years, very rustic, all the ornaments are "lake" related.....
fish, canoes, etc.
The kids love the vintage train that circles around the bottom. I wrote part of the story, "Twas the night before Christmas" on our kitchen wall.
It was one of my favorites when I was a kid, and still is!
I love it when I have an excuse to go shopping!

This little heart wreath hangs in the hallway along with some other holiday decor.


This shelf is in our master bath and sits above our tub.
I just added little vintage silver ornaments.


These little snowmen are my favorite!

They hang from sconces in my kitchen on either side of the sink.
Don't they have such sweet faces?


Part of the gifts are wrapped....

These tulips are in our living room.
I filled the vase with faux snow....

This is the little landing going downstairs. I recently striped the wall to match the hallways in our home.
I love this old frame that I put a chalkboard in,
it's so fun to change it out seasonally!
I picked up that huge chunky shelf made out of old mouldings at a garage sale this past summer, and just added fresh evergreens.
It smells so good!

These glasses were my Grandfathers.
He picked them up in France when he was young and they were antique then!
There are beer glasses and wine glasses, love them!

Some pine cones by the fire.

Yummy treats, I think I ate almost all of those myself....

I mixed various silver ornaments on the dining table.
Some are mercury glass ones I picked up at Pottery Barn.
This one is from the dollar store!

Savannah's room is very pink this year!
I found some faux pink poinsettias and
shoved them into her already full tree!
I also found some darling vintage
white bunny lights with pink ears, so cute!

Garage sale ornaments in an apothecary jar topped with a dollar store ornament!
{these things don't have to cost a lot!}
White feather tree was from Walmart years back.

Little glitter houses from T.J. Maxx, and a frame I made.

Another Walmart special.

Savannah used to collect these little nutcrackers, aren't they sweet?

This is our new dining room shelving inspired by her.
I used my ironstone collection, some wall words, and paper whites for a simple display.

I filled a urn in the corner of our master
bath with clippings from around the yard.
{and my neighbors yard,
Shhh! Don't tell!}

Cody's room has his same western tree as last year.
I just love this barbed wire tree topper, fits in perfectly!
His tree sits at the foot of his bed so he can look at it as he goes to sleep at night.

This is his nightstand next to his bed.
Pretty simple.
Some old suitcases, a tree wrapped in burlap,
and a little snowman.

Some topiaries on the mantle in the living room.

And that's it folks!
If you want to head over here and rate my space, I'd appreciate it!
Have a great day!
I have to get ready for the big day tomorrow.............
can anyone guess what it is?
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment