~my studio~

 A few cobblestone steps from our back door, my husband built me my dream studio.
It's been 95% done for a little over a year, but I was waiting to take pictures until the project was 100% done, but you know how that goes.....
So, I'm sharing with you today even though some of the finishing details aren't completely done.
Here it is,
 this is where the magic happens.
 I believe it's around 400 square feet, but I could be off.
I described to my husband what I was looking for. 
Not only in aesthetics, but also in function.
He nailed it~literally, ha ha!
He spent many nights after work hammering away, and gave up many 
weekends to build me this studio. 
I love that guy!
I have to also thank his friends who also lent a helping hand.

 This is my little slice of heaven nestled amongst the trees.
It's where I make frames, paint signs, and sew pillows, among other things.
 While I call this MY room, it's also my husbands place to work on projects for around the house.
When he told me there was going to have to be a large toolbox in the room to house misc. power tools, I thought, oh crap, that will look horrible.
But wait, you will see the solution we came up with in a minute.

 A tray on my workspace is filled with many necessary things like screwdrivers, scissors, pliers, etc. but they are all tucked away in pretty containers.
 When you walk in, if you look to your right this is what you will see.
The big white armoire houses all my fabrics.
 And here is the tool box.
See it?
It also doubles as the "island" or workspace!
I disguised the front and sides with plank salvaged wood, so from anywhere but the back, 
you can't tell it's a tool box!
My husband put a stainless steel top on it and heavy duty casters on the bottom, so it can be moved if necessary.

 The two story windows flood this room with light.
And I have a heater in there so this room can be used year round.



 The entire back of the studio is wall to wall cabinets.
We bought these white laminate cabinets in the garage section at Home Depot.
I painted them with Annie Sloan paint and used their dark wax to age them a bit.

 Each cabinet is filled with tupperware's that are clearly labeled.

 This is the front of the island. Can't tell it's a tool box right?
The basket houses my air nailer.

 I chose cork for the floor because of the simple fact that it hides dirt.
In this workspace there is a lot of dirt, paint, and crud, so having this floor is perfect!
 Along the left hand side of the room is the part I love!
It's my saw where I cut all the wood for frames and signs, etc. My husband also incorporated a air filtration system and dust collector.
I can't tell you how nice this is to have.
No sawdust going everywhere, it goes right into the bag!

 These brackets I found at a salvage yard in Seattle.
They are HUGE and hold piles and piles of lumber.


 And here is my pile of old chippy wood sitting here waiting to be made into frames.

 I used a piece of old painted grey wood and misc. letters to create this huge my sweet savannah sign.


 I also have a little sewing area.
Here sits my trusty old sewing machine!



 Out every window is greenery, it's like I'm tucked away in my own secret hideaway.
If you have any questions regarding this space, please leave me a message in the comment section.

Here are some of the sources in case you are interested:

Chandelier~Home Depot
Rug~Marshalls
Basket~Ikea
Lamp~Mashalls
Tray on Island~Sweet Bee in Snohomish
Blue and white pottery pieces~garage sale
Letters for My Sweet Savannah sign~flea markets, yard sales
Windows, siding, doors, outdoor lights~Home Depot
Tools~Home Depot
Tool Box~custom order
Baskets on top of cabinets~Flea market finds
White fabric cabinet~stole out of Savannah's room
Black sewing chair~garage sale
Vase that holds hydrangeas~Ross
Picture frames~made by me, available in my etsy shop
Dream glitter letters~Wendy Addison
Brackets that hold the wood~Second Use building materials in Seattle
Cabinetry~Home Depot
Paint color on cabinetry~Country Grey by Annie Sloan
Wall color~marine magic by Behr, eggshell finish
White trim color~White dove by Behr, eggshell finish
Tupperware's~Home Depot
Label Maker~Office Maxx
Bulletin Board~Ruffles and Rust flea market
Silver trophy cup~barn house boys flea market
Annie Sloan paint can be purchased locally at Haley's Cottage, or look online for locations near you.

Have a wonderful day!
xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment