~diy Christmas ornaments~

This is a really easy and fun project.
Cody and I made these the other night. Here is what you will need:
an assortment of scrabble letters and some scrabble trays.
You will also need a saw,
I forgot to put that in the picture.
hot glue gun
twine or ribbon
drill with a small drill bit

Start by making your words.
We chose to use Christmas or winter themed words,
but also did some that say, "mom" and "dad"
Cody came up with all the words.
Who knew this would be an educational craft project?
After you place the words on the tray, mark with a pencil,
take letters off, and cut the tray to size.
I used a chop saw so I had to sand the edges, but you could also use a hand saw.

Then all you have to do is hot glue the letters in place!
I used a drill with a small drill bit to drill 2 holes in the center top of each tray.
Then I added a bit of hot glue and black twine in each whole to secure.

You could use colorful ribbon too.

In about an hour we had over 30 ornaments!

It was fun, easy, and it will be a unique hand crafted item to add to our tree!

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment