~zucchini muffins~

Another low~cal recipe for you!
This afternoon it has been raining
no
pouring
This morning was actually very nice and I got a quick 4 mile run in
{did I mention that I am training for a 10k in June?}
Anyway, my trainer has me on a "healthier"
diet, more fruits and veggies basically~clean foods.
Since January I have lost a total of 19" off my body!
Woo-hoo!
When I started I couldn't even run a half mile,
it feels really good to be able to run 6!
Anyway,
I just made these muffins for the kiddos after
school snack and they are really good!
I froze shredded zucchini picked out of the garden last summer,
and put it to good use today!
Here you have it.....

Directions
1.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
2.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, and salt.
3.
In a large bowl, stir together the zucchini, milk, oil, honey, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Do not overmix.
4.
Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling them about two-thirds full. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes. Remove to the rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Facts per serving
CALORIES
137.6 CAL
FAT
3 G
SATURATED FAT
0.4 G
CHOLESTEROL
18.1 MG
SODIUM
117.1 MG
CARBOHYDRATES
25.7 G
TOTAL SUGARS
14.6 G
DIETARY FIBER
0.7 G
PROTEIN
2.3 G

p.s. one more day to enter in the custom canvas wall art giveaway!

xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment