~one mans trash is my treasure~

Friday's are my garage sale days.
I live for Friday's.
Pulling up to garage sales I get butterflies in my stomach.
I know, I'm weird, but it's the truth!
Today was no different.
I set out at 8 am to find some good deals.
On my way to one garage sale I passed a sign that read, "antique sale"
It was in a warehouse, and when I turned in the butterflies started, and here is why.
I LOVE anything with chippy peely paint.
Yes, it's probably lead based, but I still love it.
First thing I found was this old wood ironing board with jadeite green metal legs.
Gorgeous!
I love this color green.
The man was apologizing to me because everything was a bit dirty.
I reminded him that a little dirt never hurt anyone
{the lead paint, that's another story}

He had a stack of these old windows.
This one was one of the few that still had all of the glass window panes in tact.
It needs a good scrubbing, but she's a beauty!

Again, that great jadeite green color!

And then I spotted it.

The peeling chippy white paint that I love.

He had several doors, this is the one that came home with me.

And this old trunk.
After a good cleaning it just may be our new coffee table.

I may add glass to the top......

some rusty hooks for a etsy project.....
{stay tuned}

Possibly a trash can on the deck by the BBQ this summer?

This is a HUGE ornate plaster mirror.
It's missing a few pieces here and there, but I fell in love with it!

Look at that detail!

It's almost 5' long.

And finally what made my heart go pitter patter even faster.
A stack of mahogany wood, some with the original chippy white paint!
I plan on making some frames for my etsy shop with these!

So, today was a good day.
I also have a ton more not pictured.
More that I will be putting on etsy.
Equally cool pieces, but a little smaller in scale, easier to ship!
I hope you have a fabulous weekend and score some good deals yourselves!
xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment