~guest post with the polished pebble~

Meet the fabulously talented and beautiful Kelley from The Polished Pebble.
If you have seen her blog than you know it is beyond fantastic.
If you haven't, you are in for a treat! When I first saw her blog I think I literally spent all day going back to the computer to look at the same photos over and over again.
She was sweet enough to do an "interview" with me.....
This is how Kelley describes her design style:
"I'm not sure I have a "style" more of a point of view I think. I lean towards country eclectic and I really like clean uncluttered homes. Having said that however I love collections, but when you group a lot of the same things together they tend to read as a single item. "


One thing I loved about her blog is that she tells you where she pretty much gets everything!
I love this as a lot of people don't like to share this info.
Here is what she had to say on where she likes to shop!

"Oh boy can I shop. Going to a great Antique mall makes my heart go pitter pat. I actually like going to the hardware store too. Fabric is definitely my thing and I can spend hours going through swatch books looking for the right fabric. The Internet has changed the way I shop too. I also happen to really like shoes....doesn't everyone?
"

"I have always enjoyed the decorating process, even when I didn't have any extra money to spend on my house, I was always repainting something or hitting the local Goodwill hoping to snag a great find. I have a Bachelors degree in Fine Arts but actually started my career as a buyer and men's wear designer. My current interest is in Landscape design. We just finished the landscaping on a wonderful little farm house we use on the weekends in Ojai California."
You have to see her gardens!
Oh my goodness gracious!
Her home looks like it took years to get to this point.
But oh no!
"We bought this house about 3 1/2 years ago. Most of it was actually new construction. The interiors are all my work and we are really finished at this point. I do enjoy a good renovation project though and I have done too many to count. I am about ready for a new project!!! "
Did she say new project????
I wonder if she travels???

Wanting to know if she was a do-it-yourselfer, here is what she had to say!

"Yes but I'm just not very good at any of it. I like to move furniture around a lot and I have gotten really creative at that. Last week I moved a huge table from my patio to another location by flipping it on its end and then onto a wheel barrow to move it to a new spot. When my husband got home he was like "how did that table get there?". I'll never tell!!!!"
Now that's my kind of girl!


Look at those Christmas decorations around her front door!

And this collection of Roseville pottery!

where does she get all her inspiration?


"Inspiration is everywhere. I just did a post about Crystal Cove State Park on my blog. It is so beachy and funky and so full of history; those types of things inspire me. I also tend to get inspired when I go on a great vacation. I love Hawaii and Big Sur. And of course I am inspired by all of the great blogs out there. I am so amazed at how many really talented people there are out there."


Well Kelley, you sure have inspired me!

Head on over and take a peek for yourself and let me know what you think!
Thank you Kelley for being so sweet to do this guest post with me!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment