How to......kitchen ceiling

I have had a lot of questions on how I did my lettering on the kitchen ceiling. These are not the rub off letters, they are hand painted. You could certainly achieve this look with rub off letters, but for me, I wanted to save the money and time it would take to get them all custom made!

I first printed out the words I liked in the font I liked.

I then enlarged them at Kinko's to my desired size.

Next was the hard part. I taped them to the wall (with graphite paper underneath) making sure they were all straight. I used a level for this and a tape measure. This is the part that took the longest.

Next, I traced over the lettering with a ballpoint pen.

After the words were transferred onto the wall, I filled them in with black craft paint. The circles in between are actually the bottom of my craft paint jar!

When I was all finished, and after it dried, I took a magic eraser and removed any pencil marks and scuffs on the wall.

The whole project cost under $5.00!

If you have any further questions, pls. feel free to contact me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment