~a pillow made from my Grandmas lace~ {and BIG news}

When my Grandma passed away a few years ago, all of her grandkids were given a few of her things.
One of the things that was given to me was a box of linens. Some tablecloths, some doilies, and so on.
They have sat around in my studio for quite some time. 
When I went to my friend Tracie's house the other day and saw her lace pillow, I knew exactly what I was going to do!

 I will say, it felt a little odd cutting into one of her tablecloths.....
 But being able to see her old linens every time I walk into our living room sure beats them sitting in a drawer in my studio.
 I'm sure she wouldn't mind :)
 The base of the pillow is vintage flour sacks I took apart. I also added a few "newer" pieces of trim, a button, and some ribbon,
courtesy of Tracie.



I love it and I hope my Grandma would be proud.

In other news, I have been asked to be a curator in a Joss and Main collection!
I am so excited! 
I have been working hard the last several days picking items.
The Joss and Main sale will be live starting March 3rd!
xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment