~glittered pumpkins~

 Yes, it's that time of year.
Yesterday I had fun glittering and embellishing plain store bought orange plastic pumpkins.
Here are the steps:
1} remove stems
2} spray paint pumpkins silver
3} when dry, spray on adhesive
4} sprinkle on silver German glass glitter {or whatever you have on hand}
5} let dry
6} spray with varathane to protect the glitter and to keep it from falling off too easily
TIP: I did all this outside and used skewers from the kitchen poked into each pumpkin where the stem goes to hold them while I spray painted, glittered, etc. 
 Then comes the fun part.
I replaced the stems but added vintage velvet leaves that I took off an old hat.
If you don't have any, try cutting out a leaf shape from an old book and hot glue it into place.
I will be bringing these to Ruffles and Rust today along with 2 truckloads of new merchandise for fall!
Have a great day friends!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment