~dumpster diving~

~Do you do it?~
No, neither do I. However............
last Friday
{garbage day}
I was routinely driving my kids to the bus stop at 8 am and there I saw it!
She had chippy white paint and a great old patina, and it was in someones garbage can nonetheless!
{gasp!}

I embarrassed the heck out of my kids, getting out of the
car in my pj's and rummaging through this persons
garbage to salvage this piece of old wood.
You would have thought the world was coming
to an end by the looks on their faces!

But, I got it, and even emailed my neighbor to say I had taken it.
Yesterday I got it out, cleaned it up, and painted the words
Guest Cottage
on it.
I love it.
I am thinking it will go over our bed in the master,
haven't really figured out the details yet.
But I love it.
Did I say that?
This look is not for everyone. It's very rustic and chippy,
but to me that is what makes it so full of character and
appeeling!
{no pun intended}
Have a great almost Friday, hey wonder
what will be in their garbage cans tomorrow?
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment