~a lot to be thankful for~

A wonderful Husband, and happy, healthy children.
At night I have a warm bed and plenty of food.
There are others who are not so fortunate.
They have empty bellies and no beds to sleep in.
Thousands of men and women are serving their country in a foreign land, while their children and loved ones remain home.
I saw a list somewhere of things that you can do, simple things, that could make a huge difference in someones life.
Some of these included:
sending a care package to someone overseas
visiting a hospital
donating to a local charity
donating or volunteer at a woman's shelter
sponsoring a child in an impoverished country
inviting extra guests to join in your family dinner
As I sit here in my warm home, kids happily playing, dinner in the oven,
I can't help but feel compassion for those in need, those that are spending the holidays alone.
I know this year will be especially tough on some families.
I feel very fortunate, no, thankful, that we have good health, a good stable family, that we are surrounded by good friends, and most of all that we are happy.
Wishing you all the best this holiday.
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment